Saturday, December 24, 2016

A Deam Gift For The Knitter

Imagine  2 posts in a week after Months of being absent. I just had to share this with you all.  My wonderful Niece, who I have mentioned more than once in my Blogs, came to visit us for the Christmas holidays. She and her husband have a close friend, who has a background in fine art and Graphic Design. This talented Friend has used her wonderful talent to perfect one of my favorite subjects..

When Elizabeth Doherty, discovered knitting, she knew this was her destiny. Not only is she an expert and hand knits some of the most beautiful work I have ever seen, she has written a book that is a must for the serious knitter.  She has approached a problem which often plagues us all. Set -in sleeves and fitting properly.

The Title is  "Top Down  re-imagining Set-in Sleeve Design. The photography is wonderful !

There are 116 pages of instruction, patterns and graphs. This book was written with Quince & Co, an  American firm that makes Beautiful yarns . The yarns are primarily spun in New England from the wool of  native sheep. I am a New Englander by birth and can vouch for the wonderful things being done today in the manufacture of hand spun yarns.  www.quinceandCo.com  is their website for more information about them and their products.

When I opened this book I was thrilled to discover that this talented woman had written a note of encouragement to me along with "Happy knitting".  I have been knitting a long time, but I will probably never achieve the level of expertise  she has shown us in this book. Her finished products are exquisite and masterfully executed.  Bravo!
This book is a must,-!                 
www.bluebeesstudio.com        

I send a special Thank You to my Niece, who knows about my own knitting and yarn addiction,  She knew the perfect gift for me.
A big Thank you to Elizabeth Doherty for recognizing that this is a problem for many and for writing this beautiful book of instruction and tutorials!

No comments:

Post a Comment